School’s Out! Come bask in the fun with our special programmes lined up just for you! Participation is FREE*, hurry down now!
Holiday Extravaganza Activities:
- Charity Tile Painting* ($2 per tile, all proceeds will go to ST School Pocket Money Fund)
- Laser Tag Mission.
- Be A Soldier.
- “So Singapore FUN!” drop-in craft.
- Be in Harmony Cultural Festival (29 Nov)
- SINGAPURAKU Holiday Thematic Tour (Starts 4 Dec)
- Hello Santa! Meet & Greet (19 & 20 Dec)
- Let It Snow lucky grab (19 & 20 Dec)
Come visit #MY SINGAPORE – Ours to CREATE, travelling exhibition at NDP Celebrations by the Bay. An SG50 exhibition, on Singapore’s Past, Present and Future, specially curated for Singaporeans by Singaporeans to celebrate 50 years of nationhood. Stand to win NDP 2015 Parade Tickets in our 1st August lucky draw.
How do I participate?
- Head down to #MY SINGAPORE – Ours to CREATE travelling exhibition @ Celebrations by the Bay (Esplanade Lawn area) to collect your activity card from the information counter.
- Collect 5 stamps around the exhibition (including the one at Esplanade Concourse).
- Ensure that all your personal details are written on the lucky draw form. All required fields must be filled up.
- Drop your entries in the lucky draw box when you exchange for your SG50 commemorative souvenir at the redemption counter.
*Cut-off date and time to qualify for the lucky draw is on 1 Aug (Sat), 9pm.
Visit #MY SINGAPORE – Ours to CREATE SG50 Special Exhibition at S’pore Discovery Centre and stand a chance to win NDP 2015 preview tickets and funpacks!
How do I participate?
- Collect the SG50 exhibition passport from #MY SINGAPORE – Ours to CREATE exhibition counter.
- Complete the exhibition passport and exchange it for a lucky draw coupon.
- Drop your lucky draw coupon in the box provided at the exhibition information counter.
- Winners will be announced hourly at SDC (25 Jul Sat 1pm-4pm, and 26 Jul Sun 12pm-4pm) and prize redemption will be done on the spot.
Children’s Season: International Friendship Day 2015 Special Weekend
Date & Time: 30 & 31 May 2015, 11am to 5pm (Craft and Booth activities), 12.30pm (Performances)
Charges: FREE Admission
Come with your friends and families to celebrate the spirit of international friendship! Enjoy the sounds and rhythms of the world at our lobby on this special weekend and learn more about the cultures of different countries from our Embassy Showcase as you interact with friends from all around the world. You may even be treated to samples of traditional food or delights from these countries.
Children’s Season: The Gift of Friendship
Date & Time: 30 May to 26 June 2015, 10am to 5pm
Charges: FREE Admission
In the spirit of celebrating international friendships, we invite you to create your own uniquely designed friendship craft, one that you could exchange with a special friend this holiday.
Terms & Conditions
- Limited to one craft kit per child admission ticket.
- Suitable for children of all ages.
- Parents may accompany children during the craft session.
- While stocks last.
Children’s Season: P.E.G Attack!
Date & Time: 13, 14, 20, & 21 June 2015 (4 sessions only), 2.30pm
Charges: $10 per person. Registration is required. Min 8 participants per session. Max 20 participants per session. 9-15 years.
Are you ready to battle it out this holiday? Team up with your friends and families in an exciting quest to find answers and solutions to puzzles in a mission-based laser tag game. You get to gear up and experience the Singapore Story in our Permanent Exhibits Galleries (PEG) through this specially designed competitive game.
For registration and enquiries, please email: email@example.com
Children’s Season: Craft with Chubbybunny
Date & Time: 13, 14, 20, & 21 June 2015, 11am to 12.30pm
Charges: $10 per person. Registration is required. Limited to 25 pairs of parent and child (7-12 years).
Learn how to create your own finger knitted necklace and personalise them with fun “Kuti Kuti” charms. All materials will be provided and participants will be able to take home their own special work of art.
The workshop is conducted by Singapore’s own craft artist, Chubby Bunny Co.
For registration and enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cadets, Fall In! 2015
Date & Time: 30 May to 28 June 2015 (Except 6, 26 & 27 June), Every Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 12.30pm to 4.30pm
Charges: Admission charges apply. FREE Admission for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents. Registration is required.
Listen up, boys and girls! Back by popular demand, the Army Museum of Singapore proudly presents to you the “Cadets, Fall In” programme – a one-hour “Basic Military Training” experience, which features activities such as the “stand-by-bed” challenge, mini standard obstacle course, and learn about fire and movement techniques.
For registration, please email: www.armscs.eventbrite.sg
Lest We Forget – A Special Total Defence Day Trail
Join us with your loved ones on a special Total Defence Day (TDD) Trail that invites you to reflect on our war experience and discover how far Singapore has come as a nation. At the Army Museum of Singapore, gain insights to the humble beginnings of our Army and its capabilities at present day.
Over at the Reflections at Bukit Chandu, let the young ones learn of our gallant heros from the Malay Regiment and their sacrifices as they heroically defended the last stand against a 13,000-strong Japanese army in the Battle of Pasir Panjang.
This trail will end at the Kranji War Memorial, where we immerse in the serenity of the place to honour the sacrifices of men and women who died in the line of duty during World War II.
For registration, do approach our friendly staff at S’pore Discovery Centre ticketing counter or email us @ email@example.com. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis and limited to 40 participants.
Every child must be accompanied by an adult/parent and must be aged 7 years and above.
Seat is secured only after payment is made. All payments must be made prior to the event day.
Payments can be made in cheque, payable to Singapore Discovery Centre Ltd. or over at the S’pore Discovery Centre’s main ticketing counter.
All participants who are Singaporeans or Permanent Residents may enjoy FREE admission into S’pore Discovery Centre’s Permanent Exhibits Galleries throughout the day.
S’pore Discovery Centre (Main Ticketing Counter)
1. Tour will be conducted in English by an army veteran guide.
2. Members of public are strongly encouraged to come in pairs or as a family.
3. Participants are encouraged to bring their own necessities for the outdoor trail (e.g. water, umbrella, hats).
4. In the event of bad weather, S’pore Discovery Centre reserves the right to amend the programme itinerary where necessary.
For enquiries and registration, please contact:
DID: 6668 0327 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunar New Year Promotion
Visit SDC this festive season and receive limited edition red packets exclusive to our Centre!
Terms & conditions apply.
Special Promotion for Schools
Archetype SG: Sharing Perspectives, Building A Future Together
Join us in Archetype SG Special Exhibition to find out more about the transformation of Singapore from past to present, and thoughts and feelings of building a future Singapore together. Bring home an exclusive DIY zoetrope as an exhibition souvenir!
Venue: SDC’s Discovery Hall
Date & Time: Mondays – Sundays, 9am to 6pm
Charges: Admission is free
*While stocks last
PAST SPECIAL EVENTS
School Holidays Activities: Arche-Build
Have fun as you stack giant blocks to build the highest standing tower possible within 99secs! The player with the highest standing tower stands a chance to win an ipad mini or Jenga sets!****Minimum height requirement: 1.2m
Venue: SDC’s concourse
Date & Time: Fridays – Sundays, 9:30am to 5:30pm from 15 Nov 2015 onwards
Charges: $5 coupons (3 games) / $2 coupons (1 game)
School Holidays Activities: Craft stations
Did you know that you can make spinning tops and even shadow puppets from old magazines and newspapers? At SDC’s craft stations, you will learn to recycle materials and reinvent them into toys which you can play with your family and friends during the school break. What’s more, you can entertain your audience as you, the puppet master, tell a tale in our shadow puppet theatre.Venue: SDC’s lobby
Date & Time: Mondays – Sundays, 10:30am to 6pm
Charges: Admission is free. While stocks last.
School Holidays Activities: Rescue SG! Special Holiday Tour @ SDC
The year is 2062. Singapore is in distress. Poor planning combined with complacency and a lack of conservation efforts has led to a critical shortage of key resources such as water, food, electricity and land space. Can you reverse this situation? Singapore needs you! Hunt down solutions to Singapore’s woes on our special holiday tour and Rescue SG!
||SDC members and the general public (families) or any groups of 3-5 persons
|Date and Time:
||6 Dec (Sat) & 7 Dec (Sun) (2:15PM to 3:15PM)
||13 Dec (Sat) & 14 Dec (Sun) (2:15PM to 3:15PM)
||20 Dec (Sat) & 21 Dec (Sun) (2:15PM to 3:15PM)
||27 Dec (Sat) & 28 Dec (Sun) (2:15PM to 3:15PM)
||S’pore Discovery Centre, Permanent Exhibition Gallery
||This tour is provided free of charge.
||Register your family or group at least 15 minutes before the start of each tour at our iWerks Lobby.
||For enquiries, please send an email to us at email@example.com.
||Each family or group should consist of a minimum of 3 members and a maximum of 6 members.
|Terms and conditions:
||To provide a safe and comfortable experience to our guests, a limit has been placed on number of groups we can take for each tour. Registration is required and allocated strictly on a first-come-first served basis. SDC reserves the right to close registration when sessions are fully booked.It is recommended that participating children be of at least 5 years of age. Young children should be accompanied and supervised by their parents or guardians.
STILL SHIOK WEEKEND @ S’PORE DISCOVERY CENTRE
Date: 9 Aug – 10 Aug 2014
Time – 12:00pm
It’s going to be a SHIOK weekend at S’pore Discovery Centre with live band performances and tons of fun workshops, and lucky grabs to win attractive prizes. Let’s celebrate the Singaporean SHIOK-factor as the nation turns 49 with the following promotions:
- To amp up the SHIOK factor, we’re giving away 100 Funpacks to the first 100 visitors with SDC admission tickets from 11am onwards*.
- Take part in our Lucky Grab and get ready to stretch your way for a chance to win NDP Funpacks!
Get your creative juices going with any of these fun courses* available for you and your family!
- Majulah Singapura, an interactive drama-based workshop by Mini Monsters. Join us in an interactive drama-based session as we learn one of Zubir Said’s most iconic compositions, Majulah Singapura, Singapore’s national anthem! Learn two versions of the national anthem and sing a-long to one!Date & Time: 9 Aug & 10 Aug 2014 at 12:15PM – 1:00PM
- Cartooning Workshop by renowned cartoonist Iskander. Professional cartoonist Iskander will conduct a fun-filled workshop filled with a live cartooning demonstration and hands-on activities. Suitable for all ages from 6 years and above, learn some of the basics of creating cartoons! The workshop is followed by a book signing session of Iskander’s latest book!Date & Time: 9 Aug 2014 at 1:30PM – 2:15PM
- Balloon Sculpting Workshop by balloon entertainer Mdm Twister. Get ready for some popping fun as we learn how to twist, shape and sculpt balloons with Mdm Twister! Sign up now and receive a DIY kit to sculpt your own balloon creations!Date & Time: 9 Aug & 10 Aug 2014 at 2:45PM – 3:15PM / 3:30PM – 4:00PM
*To register for the courses, email firstname.lastname@example.org. All participants in the courses will have to purchase SDC admission ticket. Admission tickets are free for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PR).
SHIOK WEEKEND @ SUNTEC CITY
Date: 8 Aug – 10 Aug 2014
Time – 5:00pm (West Atrium)
Come join us at Suntec City West Atrium (behind Suntec Convention) from 8 August to 10 August 2014 between 1:00pm and 8:00pm as we celebrate Singapore’s 49th birthday with a BANG! Answer a few questions based on our National Day 2014 Special Exhibition “Live, Laugh & Love… Still SHIOK to be Singaporean” and stand to win attractive prizes such as tickets to the National Day Parade 2014^, NDP funpacks and other “Shiok to be Singaporean” merchandise*. Enjoy live performances by local bands and get a chance to also meet Mr. Clarence Ho, one of the cartoonists/caricaturists whom we have worked with for the exhibition, and get a caricaturist drawing of yourself!
*Terms and conditions apply. While stocks last.
^Only available on 8 Aug
Date: 28 June 2014
Time: 9:30am to 5:00pm
S’pore Discovery Centre’s (SDC) signature event, YOUTHphoria, returns for another year, as a fun mega carnival on 28 June 2014. Come on down with your friends and family to be a part of this meaningful event. The cast from local film The Lion Men, Wang Weiliang and Tosh Zhang, will be rocking the stage with other bands like PennyLane.
Round up your friends and take part in the exciting games available on YOUTHphoria. This includes a first-of-its-kind Zombie War, laser-tag-style, an exciting game of BossaBall that combines volleyball, soccer and acrobatics, and other inflatable sports games.
At the same time, YOUTHphoria will be hosting the finals of the Youth Entrepreneurs Competition. Check out the business concepts and ideas of these budding entrepreneurs and vote for your favourite team in the competition. Proceeds from their sales during the competition will be donated to The Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund and a charity of the participants’ choice.
At just $6*, tickets to YOUTHphoria will entitle you to a wide array of activities and goodies, some of which is valid till 30 September 2014:
- Admission to S’pore Discovery Centre and Army Museum of Singapore,
- Admission to blockbuster movies like Transformers: Age of Existence and How to Train your Dragon 2
- A chance to participate in an Early Bird Lucky Draw and a Grand Lucky Draw
- 30% off SDC’s Family and Youth membership
- 25% off SDC’s Gifts and Souvenirs store
*From now till 13 June 2014, enjoy an early bird discounted rate for tickets to YOUTHphoria at only $6 (Original price: $10).
YOUTHphoria is one of SDC’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to benefit charity and contribute to the Character Development needs of youth.
Crossfire Charity Championship
BATTLE FOR A GOOD CAUSE ON SINGAPORE’S ONE AND
ONLY MULTI-TIERED PAINTBALL ARENA!
Closing Date: 7 June 2014
S’pore Discovery Centre is proud to launch the Crossfire Charity Championship, a charity paintball tournament for tertiary students! Battle for a good cause against other teams in Singapore’s one and only multi-tiered paintball arena, an area that is sure to challenge you both physically and mentally! All proceeds from the competition will go to The Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund, a charity that helps children from low-income families to help them through school.
If you are a junior college, polytechnic, ITE or university student, we want you! Simply form a team of 8 (with up to 2 additional players as reserves) and sign up for the competition!
- Closing Date:
- 7 June 2014
- Balloting Date:
- 14 June 2014
- 21 & 22 June 2014
- 28 June 2014
- Registration Fee:
- $20 per player*
* Minimum of 8 players needed to start a team. Additional 2 reserve players can be registered for free.
To register, please send in the following information to email@example.com
- Completed Registration Form
- Copies of valid student IDs of all players
- Signed parental waiver forms for all students under 18 years old
Payment information will be sent upon receipt of team information. Participation in the competition will only be confirmed after payment of the registration fee.
1 Location, 2 Attractions, 3 Times The Fun!