SINGAPORE DISCOVERY CENTRE / PROGRAMMES & TOURS/ Corporate PROGRAMMES
Oh What Farm!
Join us on this fun and engaging programme and get up close and personal with edible greens to experience the joy of farming.
- To bridge the gap between classroom learning and real-world environment.
- To bring awareness to young children about food wastage and its consequences through educational learning.
- To foster a culture of appreciation and commitment in the collective effort to address sustainability challenges.
Join us on this fun and engaging programme as we discover the origin of food, the different farming processes and why food is important to us. In this programme, parents and young children will get an opportunity to get up close and personal with edible greens to experience the joy of farming.
Welcome Activities [35 min]
- Participants will be greeted by our warm and friendly facilitator.
- Participants will investigate the origins of food and take a peek into the life of a farmer.
- Participants will gain insights into conventional farming and innovative farming methods.
Break (15 min)
Guided SDC Urban Farm Tour [40 min]
Participants will be exploring our urban garden with the help of our experienced centre guides.
Here, they will get to:
- Stimulate their senses of sight, smell and touch by getting up close and personal with edible plants.
- Identify different herbs and vegetables by observing their unique features.
- Sow or harvest plants together with the facilitator and guide*.
Classroom Activities & Debrief [30 min]
- Participants will gain an appreciation of how we get food on our table and the issue of food wastage in Singapore.
- Participants will be encouraged to play a part in reducing food wastage and contribute to urban gardening through a hands-on activity.