Singapore Story Guide (Part-Time)
Short summary of the job:
To deliver quality guided tours at the Singapore Discovery Centre (SDC), including VIP tours and customised tours for special groups.
- Share with guests the Singapore Story through guided tours at the Singapore Discovery Centre including the permanent exhibit galleries, temporary exhibitions, travelling exhibitions and thematic tours.
- Bring alive the Singapore Story through role-playing, storytelling, facilitation of games and the application of other guiding techniques during guided tours.
- Stay abreast of current affairs, constantly update one’s content knowledge
- Passionate about the Singapore Story and committed to sharing it to instill confidence in Singapore's future and the desire to contribute to it.
- Able to communicate, present and write fluently in English. Fluency in a second language will be advantageous.
- Enjoy interacting with people of all ages and levels.
- Customer service oriented.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Able to work well as a team player and take the lead.
- Prior experience in guiding, show hosting, acting and storytelling will be advantageous.
- Preferably at least a diploma or a degree in Humanities or Social Sciences; and/or 1 year of relevant working experience, in the hospitality or tourism industry
- Shifts: Monday - Sunday, including public holidays (Rotating Shifts)
- Time slots: 4 to 8.5 hours per shift (excluding meal breaks) between 10am to 10pm depending on operation requirements