Description of Programme
Guided Walking Tour Apart from an intriguing storyline for each tour, our guides deliver content through the use of visual aids such as photos, videos and maps. Participants will be engaged in two-way interaction with our guides through quizzes and experiential activities (e.g. hands-on cultural activities, food sampling) to reinforce their understanding and learning of NE messages. Little India Walking Tour When discussing Singapore, it is convenient to return to common narratives of economic progress and the transformation of the city’s skyline. While these are amazing stories of “Hardware” that we are proud of, there are also other aspects of our home that can only be address with our “Heartware”. Local customs and traditions, minority communities, and stories of struggles and disasters. Little India and Serangoon Road is the best location to learn more about social issues and empathize with some who have fallen through the cracks, as we discuss “The Other Side of Singapore”. Sites to Visit: Race Course Road / Former KK Hospital / Traditional Trades Mural / Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple / Project Oasis Little India / Bangle Square / Former Hotel New World
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
For servicemen to:
1. Explore the richness and diversity understand the practices of the Indian community and be left in awe as your senses go into overdrive amongst the bustling streets of Little India. Recognise the importance of racial and religious harmony in Singapore and realize that this sense of tolerance and integration was already present since the early days.
2. Get acquainted with forgotten spaces amongst the places we frequent and forgotten communities (e.g. foreign workers) amongst the people we live. Discuss how we can better repurpose these spaces and integrate these communities into our Singaporean society.
3. Refresh your memories on significant disasters that happened in Singapore, and how the entire community came together during those times as one, to overcome adversity and emerge stronger as a nation.
Aspect of Total Defence:
1. Social Defence
-Singaporeans of all races and religions living and working in harmony and helping fellow Singaporeans.
2. Civil Defence
- Knowing what to do during civil emergencies and being vigilant and alert at all times.
3. Psychological Defence
- Having pride in and being loyal and committed to our country, and having the will, resolve and resilience to overcome challenges.
2.5 - 3 hrs
Flexible timing between 0900H to 1900H
Pricing (per participant)
Minimum 20 pax
1. 20 - 25 pax: $16
2. 26 - 30 pax: $14
3. > 30 pax: $12
1. Optional transportation to/from starting point: $120.00 / 40-seater bus / trip
Terms and Conditions
- 1 x English Speaking Licensed Guide
- Optional add-on transfer @ $120.00 (Per 40-seater coach per way)
- Food and drinks
- Any other item not included in inclusions