Description of Programme
Guided Walks There’s so much more to discover and learn about Singapore, and about being a Singaporean. Infused with National Education messages, get connected again with our home. Discover fresh insights of well-known places, and explore lesser known sites to fall in love with. “Sense & Sustainability” From vertical greens that reach up to the sky, to underground spaces hundreds of metres deep, Singapore had to be creative in using our limited land space. With brilliant foresight, our city planners have designed Marina Bay over 40 years, to be the model for sustainable and liveable cities around the world. Observe how they have adopted environmentally friendly strategies and forged a sustainable future for generations of Singaporeans. Discover how Singapore can continue to remain a city of the future with deliberate urban planning and what we can do as citizens to contribute towards making Singapore one of the best cities to live in. Sites to Cover • Ocean Financial Centre (Greening Singapore) • Marina Promontory (Urban Planning) • Marina Reservoir (Water Vulnerability) • Art Science Museum (Sustainable Architecture) • Gardens By the Bay (Garden in a city) • Marina Barrage (Energy Conservation)
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
1. Singapore is our Homeland; this is where we belong
2. No one owes Singapore a living
3. We have confidence in our future
1. Economic Defence
2. Psychological Defence
• Appreciate the complexities and challenges of designing an urban city that is sustainable and vibrant, especially with Singapore’s limited land space. Explore the extensive use of our nation’s underground spaces and what they are used for.
• Recognize the efforts places into the greening of Singapore, why this is important and what the future plans are for growing Singapore’s reputation as a City in a Garden.
• Discuss our 4 national taps and how Singapore continues to manage our water needs. Also, water catchment spaces while important are still a finite resource. Find out how this is utilized for other purposes.
Flexible timing between 0900H to 1900H
Pricing (per participant)
Minimum 20 pax
1. 20 - 25 pax: $18
2. 26 - 30 pax: $16
3. > 30 pax: $14
1. Optional transportation to/from starting point: $120.00 / 40-seater bus / trip
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
• 1 x STB Licensed Guide
• Coordinated entry into all galleries where applicable.
• Food and drinks
• Any other item not included in inclusions