Description of Programme
Guided Walking Tour Apart from an intriguing storyline for each tour, our guides deliver content through the use of visual aids such as photos, videos and maps. Participants will be engaged in two-way interaction with our guides through quizzes and experiential activities (e.g. hands-on cultural activities, food sampling) to reinforce their understanding and learning of NE messages. Chinatown Walking Tour “A country that forgets its past, has no future.” As we continue in our pursuit of progress, it is important also to remember what our forefathers have experienced. From the moment they landed in a foreign land to the day they left this world, these are the Struggles of our Forefathers in Chinatown. Explore hidden streets and be wowed by the intricate architecture of shophouses and famous temples on this Chinatown walking tour. Let our tour guides take you back in time with amazing stories of the early Chinese immigrants, and learn how they braved many obstacles to build a life in Singapore. Sites to Visit: Thian Hock Keng Temple / Amoy Street Wall Mural / Ann Siang Hill / Street of Harmony / Chinatown Heritage Centre / Lai Chun Yuen Opera Theatre / Sago Street
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
For servicemen to:
1. Understand why the importance of racial and religious harmony in Singapore cannot be over-stated, and realise that this sense of kinship was already developing since our founding days.
2. Witness the living conditions of the sinkehs (new immigrants) and understand the hardships they had to go through amidst the chaos that was Chinatown. Cherish the prosperity we enjoy today and not take it for granted.
3. Encounter significant landmarks of Chinatown that you might have missed before and rediscover the charm of this heritage district.
Aspect of Total Defence:
1. Social Defence
- Singaporeans of all races and religions living and working in harmony and helping fellow Singaporeans.
2. Psychological Defence
- Having pride in and being loyal and committed to our country, and having the will, resolve and resilience to overcome challenges.
2.5 - 3 hrs
Flexible timing between 0900H to 1900H
Pricing (per participant)
Minimum 20 pax
1. 20 - 25 pax: $16
2. 26 - 30 pax: $14
3. > 30 pax: $12
1. Optional transportation to/from starting point: $120.00 / 40-seater bus / trip
Terms and Conditions
- 1 x English Speaking Licensed Guide
- Optional add-on transfer @ $120.00 (Per 40-seater coach per way)
- Food and drinks
- Any other item not included in inclusions