Description of Programme
Guided Walking Tour Apart from an intriguing storyline for each tour, our guides deliver content through the use of visual aids such as photos, videos and maps. Participants will be engaged in two-way interaction with our guides through quizzes and experiential activities (e.g. hands-on cultural activities, food sampling) to reinforce their understanding and learning of NE messages. Kampong Glam Walking Tour From Kampong to HDB, Royal Palaces to boutique shops, the area of Kampong Glam is filled with contrasting stories of Singapore. How do we ensure that our citizens continue to live harmoniously and without conflict? This tour explores the conversations around social diversity, and also covers in-depth understanding of our Malay community. Let us take you on a journey around the old Royal Citadel. Visit the living abode of the Malay Sultan and the royal family. Feel the local Malay culture infused through the area as you breeze through the lively streets where traditional trades meet new-age boutique hipster shops. It will definitely have you wanting to discover more. Sites to Visit: Rochor River / Beach Road Housing Estate / Alsagoff Arab School / Istana Kampong Glam / Sultan Mosque / Bussorah Street / Arab Street / Haji Lane
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
For servicemen to:
1. Understand the importance of racial and religious harmony in Singapore and realize that this sense of tolerance and integration was already present since the early days.
2. Get a sense of the “Kampong Spirit” that has characterized so much of the social and community interactions in Singapore. See how this is still relevant today, especially in the technology age when many polar influences threaten the social fabric of Singapore.
3. Get acquainted with Singapore’s former royal family, and the royal compound they lived in. Find out their contributions to the local community, and see the efforts placed in conservation of heritage buildings.
Aspect of Total Defence:
1. Social Defence
- Singaporeans of all races and religions living and working in harmony and helping fellow Singaporeans.
2. Psychological Defence
- Having pride in and being loyal and committed to our country, and having the will, resolve and resilience to overcome challenges.
2.5 - 3 hrs
Flexible timing between 0900H to 1900H
Pricing (per participant)
Minimum 20 pax
1. 20 - 25 pax: $16
2. 26 - 30 pax: $14
3. > 30 pax: $12
1. Optional transportation to/from starting point: $120.00 / 40-seater bus / trip
Terms and Conditions
- 1 x English Speaking Licensed Guide
- Optional add-on transfer @ $120.00 (Per 40-seater coach per way)
- Food and drinks
- Any other item not included in inclusions