Description of Programme
Guided Walking Tour Apart from an intriguing storyline for each tour, our guides deliver content through the use of visual aids such as photos, videos and maps. Participants will be engaged in two-way interaction with our guides through quizzes and experiential activities (e.g. hands-on cultural activities, food sampling) to reinforce their understanding and learning of NE messages. Civic District Walking Tour From a fishing village to a modern metropolis, the development of Singapore is an impressive story, best told through historical landmarks that stand frozen in time around the Civic District. Their walls tell stories of triumph, turmoil, tenacity, and timeless lessons that we can learn from. This tour revolves around the heartbeat of our city and is perfect if you want to hear the stories of major events that shaped our Lion City. Join our tour guides on this exploratory tour of Singapore & learn more about our rich history. Sites to Visit: Raffles Place Park / Boat Quay / Cavenagh Bridge / Fullerton Hotel / Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall / Old Parliament House / Former Supreme Court and City Hall
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
For servicemen to:
1. Reconnect with Singapore’s history around the Civic District and explore historic buildings that hold stories of our past. Walk inside their walls, and see the very spaces where history was made.
2. Grasp the importance of the infrastructure, such as the quays, piers, docks and bridges, that were built to accommodate the increasingly overworked river, as well as the numerous changes caused by land reclamation.
3. Learn about the clean-up of the Singapore River, the challenges surrounding it and how it was the vision of one man who imagined a world class city with a beautiful river.
Aspect of Total Defence:
1. Economic Defence
- Staying relevant and competitive through rapid change and development.
2. Psychological Defence
- Having pride in and being loyal and committed to our country, and having the will, resolve and resilience to overcome challenges.
2.5 - 3 hrs
Flexible timing between 0900H to 1900H
Pricing (per participant)
Minimum 20 pax
1. 20 - 25 pax: $16
2. 26 - 30 pax: $14
3. > 30 pax: $12
1. Optional transportation to/from starting point: $120.00 / 40-seater bus / trip
Terms and Conditions
- 1 x English Speaking Licensed Guide
- Optional add-on transfer @ $120.00 (Per 40-seater coach per way)
- Food and drinks
- Any other item not included in inclusions