Description of Programme
Participants will experience a virtual space Escape Room designed for NE learning. This activity incorporates elements of location-based technology, augmented reality and image recognition. The Escape Room challenge is conducted within the Fort Canning web-based Virtual Space. Puzzles and clues will be pushed to them at selected locations around Fort Canning via visual clues in the space. They will be challenged to work together as team. After participants decode the puzzle correctly, the next pit stop will be revealed to them. During the Escape Room, participants will get to explore many interesting artefacts that can be found here, where learning points can be elicited. They will also draw lessons of National Education and Total Defence through each point of interaction throughout the activity. Juxtaposing the past and the present, we will elicit that today’s security challenges are not just about “traditional”, conventional state-vs-state warfare. Hybrid warfare is the warfare of the future. Total Defence is the antithesis of hybrid warfare. Especially important are a strong Psychological and Social Defence.
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
• Through the facts and messages unlocked during the entire Fort Canning Escape Room activity, the NE message that Singapore's survival cannot be taken for granted will be highlighted.
• Participants will be reminded through clues and notes peppered throughout the checkpoints - Our constraints will remain (e.g., small land area, lack of strategic depth, small population size, limited manpower, and small and open economy wide open to external influences). Overcoming our constraints and vulnerabilities is a constant effort. As history has shown us, Singapore has significant strengths that will help us to overcome these constraints and vulnerabilities
• Participants will unlock historical artefacts and learn of civil defence of yesteryear and today.
• They will meet the AR soldier to understand how the army was made up of civilian volunteers of the past, and how Singapore today continued to draft civilians into its army, and why this is important.
• Fort Canning always played an important role in Singapore’s military defence. Participants will visit some key artefacts e.g. the Nine-Pund Cannon, the Fort Gate and learn about the military defence of the past.
• They will be offered a glimpse of the command centre (Battle Box) of the British and how important decisions were made at this site which led to the surrender of Singapore in 1942.
• Participants will contrast that to the Total Defence approach - why Singapore needs more than just military defence to ensure our security.
• The information unlocked along Fort Canning will inform users that Hybrid warfare is the warfare of the future. Total Defence is the antithesis of hybrid warfare. Especially important are a strong Psychological and Social Defence.
• Participants will be tasked to reflect on what will they do and what can they do to defend Singapore, as a soldier and as a civilian.
1000 - 1130 /
1330 - 1500 /
1600 - 1730
Pricing (per participant)
$20 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$18 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$16 (For 241 pax and above)
$21 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$19 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$17 (For 241 pax and above)
$22 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$20 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$18 (For 241 pax and above)
$23 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$21 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$19 (For 241 pax and above)
$24 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$22 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$20 (For 241 pax and above)
Terms and Conditions
• Includes the design and development of the trail contents, media assets and games
• Provision of unique access code for each participant
• Based on Use your own Device concept.
• Provision of 1 facilitator per 40 pax below 45 pax or less, and a maximum of 12 facilitators to groups of 500 pax and above.
• Teleconference Zoom large meeting provisions provided. Zoom breakout rooms will be arranged