Description of Programme
This trail tells the unique story of Singapore stories along Singapore River – the birth of our nation, the struggle of the early pioneers and the unique challenges Singapore faced in the past, and today. The trail allows the participants to explore the changing economic, social, historical, geographical and cultural landscapes of Singapore River and the British’s open reliance on a strong military force at the river (viz at Fort Fullerton and Fort Canning) to protect its commercial interests right from the onset.
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
• The story of the big River clean-up is a narrative to remind Singaporeans that we must not take our current state of things for granted – even the basic cleanliness of our shorelines and access to a clean Singapore River was something Singapore did not have just generations ago.
• The cleanup of Singapore River seemed impossible, but it was done over a decade – the story remains a reminder to the young generation of the resilience and hard work of our Pioneer generation in ensuring that Singapore has a clean and green environment.
• Its story and the visions of our Founding fathers also remind us nothing is impossible for us to do.
• Stories shared along the river depict the difficulty early government had in managing a multi-racial community. The harmony we have today cannot be taken for granted. How could we as a nation manage this better, and avoid mistakes of the past?
• Asian Civilisation Museum is a place that facilitates the understanding and appreciation of Asian cultures. This is important for social defence - By being sensitive and respectful of other races in Singapore, and learning more about their traditions, cultures, religions, and heritage, we are putting social defence into action.
• Preservation of our common heritage not only build up the Singapore identity, it gives our citizen a shared history which bond us as a nation.
• The history of two military forts by the river tells of a military defence strategy of the past. In contrast, our strong SAF today continues to underscore the fact that no economic growth is possible without the presence of a strong military force.
• Today, Singapore needs more than just military defence to ensure our security. Hybrid warfare is the warfare of the future. Total Defence is the antithesis of hybrid warfare. Especially important are a strong Psychological and Social Defence.
• Participants will be tasked to reflect on what will they do and what can they do to defend Singapore, as a soldier and as a civillian.
1000 - 1130 /
1330 - 1500 /
1600 - 1730
Pricing (per participant)
$20 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$18 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$16 (For 241 pax and above)
$21 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$19 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$17 (For 241 pax and above)
$22 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$20 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$18 (For 241 pax and above)
$23 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$21 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$19 (For 241 pax and above)
$24 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$22 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$20 (For 241 pax and above)
Terms and Conditions
• Includes the design and development of the trail contents, media assets and games
• Provision of unique access code for each participant
• Based on Use your own Device concept.
• Provision of 1 facilitator per 40 pax below 45 pax or less, and a maximum of 12 facilitators to groups of 500 pax and above.
• Teleconference Zoom large meeting provisions provided. Zoom breakout rooms will be arranged