Description of Programme
This Trail along the Gardens by the Bay will bring participants around the beautiful Gardens. On this trail, participants will learn about ‘City in a Garden’ vision, and how it is an effort by Singapore to continuously maintain its relevance in a changing world and economy. While Singapore has already garnered a reputation of being the Garden City, we must understand that we cannot live on our laurels, and there is a constant need to reinvent ourselves.
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
• Participants will learn of how Singapore has long struggled with natural resources such as water. The story at Marina Barrage tells participants Singapore’s journey to water security and sustainability. Participants will learn that in ensuring that Singapore has its own source of water is paramount to our survival.
• Participants will reflect upon the importance of social integration and thus social defence – They will be reminded that Singapore has always been an immigrant society – today we need to welcome people from all over the world to Singapore as a neighbor, tourist or as a co-worker.
• Participants will note evidences of urban planning in the Gardens designed to allow social integration.
• Community spaces in the Gardens such as the Children’s Garden and the Meadow allow for community bonding.
• The Heritage Gardens create a communal space for everyone to learn and have a deeper understanding of other cultures.
• The web of life that the gardens are created for.
• Participants will learn about the water sustainability at Marina Barrage and how this is important as part of defence.
• They will learn about how by creating economic resilience, social cohesion, being a resilient people will contribute to our military defence.
0900 - 1300 /
1400 - 1800
Pricing (per participant)
$27 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$23 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$21 (For 241 pax and above)
Terms and Conditions
• Includes the design and development of the trail contents, media assets and games
• Provision of unique access code for each participant (including hosting of content)
• Based on BYOD concept (Bring-your-own-device). Participants are encouraged to pre-download their trail. LDR will provide access code to participants
• Provision of phones at 1:10 ratio for those who do not have a smart phone. Additional phones can be provided UPON REQUEST, at $30 per phone.
• Provision of 1 facilitator per 40 pax, below 45 pax or less, and a maximum of 12 facilitators to groups of 500 pax and above.
• Entry tickets for attractions will be purchased at current retail prices and not included above: Gardens by the Bay- Flower Dome & Cloud Forest
• Transport not provided.