Description of Programme
This trail allows participants to go back into time to embark on an interactive journey to understand the purpose for the Guns at Labrador Park, its connection to the guns at Fort Siloso (Sentosa); and the reasons for its failure to protect the troops defending Bukit Chandu from the Japanese attacks. Participants will also be able to maximise teamwork for a thorough engagement with Singapore’s history as they explore the ‘Long Ya Men’ war relics such as gun emplacements, pillboxes, cannons and secret tunnels amid the lush greenery of the old British fortress.
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
• The trail unveiled the British strategy in defending Singapore during colonial time, however it also revealed its inadequacy – e.g. pillboxes were not built due to their high costs. Enemies were assumed to only attack Singapore from the coastal line and much of Singapore was left unprotected. These mistakes resulted in the quick humiliating fall of Singapore.
• The costly defeat of Singapore forced our pioneer leaders to rethink defence strategy on all fronts – that the traditional defence will not work – that our defence strategy cannot be viewed in single dimension - Total Defence is needed.
• The story of the Malay Brigade at Labrador Battery and how hard they fought for the rest of the community is a reminder that in the time of crisis, we must see ourselves as Singaporeans first.
• This is only possible if we had put social defence to action on a daily basis – that is be respectful of others,
• The defence strategy here depicted is an old traditional one. Participants are to reflect on if such strategy is still relevant and sufficient to protect Singapore today.
• The stories of defence weaknesses at Labrador during WWII emphasized on the need for us to have a strong SAF, one that has budget, resources and resolve to protect Singapore at all cost.
0900 - 1300 /
1400 - 1800
Pricing (per participant)
$27 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$23 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$21 (For 241 pax and above)
$28 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$24 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$22 (For 241 pax and above)
$29 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$25 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$23 (For 241 pax and above)
$30 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$26 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$24 (For 241 pax and above)
$31 (For 20 to 120 pax)
$27 (For 121 to 240 pax)
$25 (For 241 pax and above)
Terms and Conditions
• Design and development of the trail contents, media assets and games
• Provision of unique access code for each participant (including hosting of content)
• Based on BYOD concept (Bring-your-own-device). Participants are encouraged to pre-download their trail. LDR will provide access code to participants
• Provision of phones at 1:10 ratio for those who do not have a smart phone. Additional phones can be provided UPON REQUEST, at $30 per phone.
• Provision of 1 facilitator per 40 pax, below 45 pax or less, and a maximum of 12 facilitators to groups of 500 pax and above.
• Entry tickets for attractions will be purchased at current retail prices and not included above.
• Transport not provided.