Description of Programme
“Digital Government, Smart Nation” Becoming a Smart City. That’s what every city in the world is doing today. In Asia, the race is on. We want to improve the lives of our people, and at the same time we want to stay competitive. Many research studies have ranked Singapore as one of the top Smartest Cities in the world. How have we managed to stand out? Our government has taken a Whole-of-Nation approach to this. They have developed the infrastructure and created a strong culture for innovation. But ultimately, people are at the heart of Singapore’s Smart Nation drive. The tour aims to provide a comprehensive overview to our SMART Nation Vision. Sites to Cover • URA Singapore City Gallery • Explore over interactive exhibits that detail our planning challenges and the innovative solutions that tackle them • SG Mobility Gallery • Look at how LTA plans, designs and builds our transport system as it leverages technology for smarter urban mobility. • Launchpad • Discover some of Singapore’s most successful startups and explore the innovation ecosystem. • Marina East Desalination Plant • Learn about the next bound of Singapore’s water independence through desalination.
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
1. Singapore is our Homeland; this is where we belong
2. No one owes Singapore a living
3. We have confidence in our future
1. Economic Defence
2. Digital Defence
• Gain a solid foundation on what it takes to become a SMART Nation, what the 3 pillars of Singapore’s SMART Nation drive are, and why we continue to encourage a culture of innovation and experimentation.
• Learn about how the government has integrated technology with various nationwide infrastructure such as utilities, healthcare and transportation.
• Discuss the threats that Singapore faces as we continue to digitalise our economy, our government and our society. Learn about how Singapore has taken various steps to combat cyber-attacks, as well as fake news online.
Flexible timing between 0900H to 1900H
Pricing (per participant)
Minimum 20 pax
1. 20 - 25 pax: $40
2. 26 - 30 pax: $35
3. 31 - 35 pax: $30
4. 36 - 45 pax: $25
1. Optional transportation to/from starting point: $120.00 / 40-seater bus / trip
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
• 1 x STB Licensed Guide
• All transportation for the duration of the tour
• Coordinated entry into all galleries where applicable.
• Food and drinks
• Any other item not included in inclusions