Description of Programme
“The Founding Father: Lee Kuan Yew” This tour series, “On the Shoulders of Giants” is our tribute to our founding fathers. While their contributions are wide-ranging covering many portfolios, the tour aims to give participants a glimpse into various key milestones in their lives, and the impact their decisions had in shaping Singapore. Singapore’s success is synonymous with the name Lee Kuan Yew. As Singapore’s first prime minister, he guided Singapore through merger and separation with Malaya, ensured the physical survival of a new nation state, and built a country we are today proud to call home. Visit the sites that were critical to his formative years, and what set him on the path towards achieving self-determination for Singapore. Explore the significant venues that were part of his political journey including Fullerton Building, Former City Hall where his most memorable rallies were held. Finally, conclude the tour in Tanjong Pagar, the ward where Mr Lee served until his passing in 2015. Let us remember the giants on whose shoulders we stand on and be inspired in our dedication to building a better tomorrow for future generations.
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
1. Singapore is our Homeland; this is where we belong
2. No one owes Singapore a living
3. We must uphold meritocracy and incorruptibility
4. We have confidence in our future
1. Social Defence
2. Economic Defence
3. Psychological Defence
• Appreciate the contributions of our founding fathers, the challenges they faced, their successes and the grit that they had in building the Singapore we know today.
• Have an opportunity to understand the motivations behind their commitment to the nation, what shaped their early days and why they gave their lives in service. Be inspired to find your own motivation in contributing to Singapore.
• Feel a sense of pride at what we’ve managed to achieve as a small and young nation, and reaffirm your will to protect what they have built, as we continue to stand on the shoulders of giants.
Flexible timing between 0900H to 1900H
Pricing (per participant)
Minimum 20 pax
1. 20 - 25 pax: $40
2. 26 - 30 pax: $35
3. 31 - 35 pax: $30
4. 36 - 45 pax: $25
1. Optional transportation to/from starting point: $120.00 / 40-seater bus / trip
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
• 1 x STB Licensed Guide
• All transportation for the duration of the tour
• Coordinated entry into all galleries where applicable.
• Food and drinks
• Any other item not included in inclusions