Description of Programme
“The Economic Architect: Goh Keng Swee” This tour series, “On the Shoulders of Giants” is our tribute to our founding fathers. While their contributions are wide-ranging covering many portfolios, the tour aims to give participants a glimpse into various key milestones in their lives, and the impact their decisions had in shaping Singapore. Dr Goh was amongst the most important members of Singapore’s founding generation of leaders. Known as “The Economic Architect”, it was his vision and fortitude that laid the foundations of Singapore’s economy, defense and education. Explore the district of Jurong that was once described as Goh’s Folly, but set Singapore on the path of economic success. Combined with his vision and frugality, Dr Goh also built up one of the most important structures of Singapore’s economic security today, our National Reserves. Discover his role in it as well as his role in creating the nation’s armed forces, through visiting the site of the early Ministry of Interior and Defence. Finally, acknowledge Dr Goh’s contribution towards the greening of Singapore. Let us remember the giants on whose shoulders we stand on and be inspired in our dedication to building a better tomorrow for future generations.
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
1. Singapore is our Homeland; this is where we belong
2. No one owes Singapore a living
3. We must uphold meritocracy and incorruptibility
4. We have confidence in our future
1. Military Defence
2. Economic Defence
3. Psychological Defence
• Appreciate the contributions of our founding fathers, the challenges they faced, their successes and the grit that they had in building the Singapore we know today.
• Have an opportunity to understand the motivations behind their commitment to the nation, what shaped their early days and why they gave their lives in service. Be inspired to find your own motivation in contributing to Singapore.
• Feel a sense of pride at what we’ve managed to achieve as a small and young nation, and reaffirm your will to protect what they have built, as we continue to stand on the shoulders of giants.
Flexible timing between 0900H to 1900H
Pricing (per participant)
Minimum 20 pax
1. 20 - 25 pax: $40
2. 26 - 30 pax: $35
3. 31 - 35 pax: $30
4. 36 - 45 pax: $25
1. Optional transportation to/from starting point: $120.00 / 40-seater bus / trip
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
• 1 x STB Licensed Guide
• All transportation for the duration of the tour
• Coordinated entry into all galleries where applicable.
• Food and drinks
• Any other item not included in inclusions