Description of Programme
SMART Nation Guided Bus Tour Becoming a Smart City. That’s what every city in the world is doing today. Many research studies have ranked Singapore as one of the Smartest Cities in the world. We want to improve the lives of our people, and at the same time we want to stay competitive. How have we managed to stand out? Our government has taken a Whole-of-Nation approach to this. They have forged the path in developing the infrastructure, making relevant government data open to the public, as well as a creating a strong culture for innovation. But ultimately, people are at the heart of Singapore’s Smart Nation drive. The aim of this tour is to provide a comprehensive overview to our SMART Nation Vision. Sites to Visit: - URA Singapore City Gallery (SMART Urban Living): Watch Singapore’s dramatic transformation over the past 50 years, to become one of the most livable cities in Asia. - SG Mobility Gallery (SMART Transportation): Go behind-the-scenes to look at how LTA plans, designs and builds our transport system as it leverages technology for smarter urban mobility. - Launchpad (SMART Innovation & Startup Ecosystem): Immerse in the conducive environment for nurturing our startups ecosystem.
Learning Objective / Total Defence Pillars
For servicemen to:
1. Learn about how Singapore is learding the charge to become one of the Smartest cities in the world based on the 3 pillars of Smart Nation SG, 1) the digital economy, 2) a digital government, and 3) a digital society. Learn about various Gov Tech apps that have been introduced to improve the lives of Singaporeans.
2. Understand how Singapore is planning for an efficient and sustainable transport network, and learn about initiatives such as Autonomous Vehicles, contactless fare payment, On-demand Shuttle / ERP 2.0 and more.
3. Visit the Silicon Valley of Singapore and be exposed to the heart of Singapore’s innovation, and understand the ecosystem that enables startups and enablers in various industries to thrive.
Aspect of Total Defence:
1. Economic Defence
- Staying relevant and competitive through rapid change and development & putting in place robust economic systems that can continue to function in times of crisis.
2. Digital Defence
- Individuals and businesses can be secure by practicing good cybersecurity habits to safeguard data and devices & being vigilant against disinformation or fake news.
Flexible timing between 0900H to 1900H
Pricing (per participant)
Minimum 20 pax
1. 20 - 25 pax: $40
2. 26 - 30 pax: $35
3. 31 - 35 pax: $30
4. 36 - 45 pax: $25
Terms and Conditions
- 1 x English Speaking Licensed Guide
- Optional add-on transfer @ $120.00 (Per 40-seater coach per way)
- Food and drinks
- Any other item not included in inclusions