We are currently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the positions below. Please email your resume to: email@example.com or call (65) 6668 0322 to book an interview appointment. Interested applicants without a prior appointment will not be entertained.
We offer attractive staff benefits with good remuneration to successful candidates. Only Singaporeans and PRs need apply.
Transport provided from Jurong East MRT station and back.
Snr Executive, Education
- Develop strategies for outreach programmes to reach out to a wide range of target groups (specially post-secondary groups) and cross-marketing efforts
- Establish and develop network of strategic partnerships for audience development to promote SDC as preferred NE partner and a must-visit centre
- Undertake SDC’s outreach efforts to schools and community such as Travelling Exhibitions, competitions and other engagement activities
- Develop programmes to enhance visitors’ experience in terms of visitor enjoyment and understanding to meet National Education objectives;
- Develop educational resources (e-resources included) based on MOE curriculum, initiatives and pedagogies as well as latest government policies
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and market SDC’s Commemorative Days and other NE programmes
- Good analytical skills to track visitorship figures and evaluate programmes, including analysis of visitorship trends and engagement levels
- Involve in research and development of permanent and temporary exhibitions and facilitation of educational workshops for teachers and students
- Good project management skills yet must be creative and resourceful
- Degree in Arts & Social Sciences (preferably majoring in History / Public Policy /Postgraduate Diploma in Education)
- Excellent classroom management and facilitation skills
- Effective in engaging students and youths
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Great passion in The Singapore Story
- Degree in Arts and Social Sciences (preferably majoring in History) Public Policy and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (MOE) and at least 3 years teaching experience in Secondary School/ JC & CI / Polytechnic
- Applicants must be willing to work in Upper Jurong Road.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
Facilities / Engineering Technician
- Licensed electrical worker (LEW) certifcate preferred
- Experienced in handling facilities/building maintenance, plumbing, air-condition (chiller) system and fire protection system
- Knowledge of Building Automation System (BAS) or Building Monitoring System (BMS) will be advantageous
- Experienced in PA and CCTV systems support and troubleshooting would be advantageous
- Computer literate
- To perform 1st level corrective maintenance, periodic and daily servicing of all exhibits AV and facilities equipment.
- To operate and set up AV equipment for in-house and external programmes.
- To perform the duty of a projectionist.
- To perform daily start-up and shutdown all the exhibits and essential facilities.
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate/NiTEC, Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Engineering (Mechatronic/Electromechanical) or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): Possess Class 3 driving license.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience preferred. Fresh graduate with relevant internship may be considered.
- Preferably Non-Executives specializing in Maintenance/Repair (Facilities & Machinery) or equivalent.
- Must be IT literate.
- Knowledge of AV equipment – operations and repair/troubleshooting (Engineering Technician)
- A team player with experience working in a theme park environment is preferred.
- Willing to work on weekends and Public Holidays
- 5 day work week
Guest Service Associate
- Hosts and provides commentaries for bus tours and exhibit-related tours.
- Prepares, coordinates and carries out daily events and activities.
- Manages first level of service recovery where needed.
- Ensures the serviceability of exhibits by performing routine checks and basic corrective measures.
- Build customer rapport and manage their needs and expectations.
- To perform multiple operational roles such as greeting, ticketing, information services, theatre operations, guest relations, tour guiding, events management and other duties as assigned
- Candidate must possess at least `O’ level certification or equivalent with 1 year relevant working experience, preferably in Hospitality or Tourism Industry.
- Good communication skills and customer service oriented.
- Applicant without working experience, graduate, or one to two years of working experiences. For male, must complete National Service. Previous employment in tourism and Hospitality industry is an advantage.
- Transport is provided at designated pick up point at Jurong East MRT station.
- Candidate must be willing to work on weekends and public holiday
- 5-days work week
Singapore Story Guide
- To share with guests the Singapore Story through guided tours. Exhibits Guide must possess good presentation and communication skills and enjoys interacting with people of all levels.
- To conduct guided tours and to help in exhibition research when required.
- Passionate about the Singapore Story.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma, with 1 year of relevant working experience, preferably in Hospitality or Tourism Industry.
- Good communication and presentation skills and customer service oriented.
- Candidates with show hosting experience will be an added advantage.
- Training will be provided for selected candidates.
- Good benefits and attractive remuneration package.
- Transport is provided at designated pick up point at Jurong East MRT Station.
- Must be able to work on weekends and public holidays.
- 5 days work week.